Monday, May 30, 2011

I've got 75 miles behind me!!

On Tuesday, May 24th dad called and said that he'd put in 3 16+ mile days so far and had approx. 75 miles behind him. He was getting ready to settle into a little hostel in a "hiker town" in the middle of the dessert (possibly called Lonepine-sorry, can't remember). At one point he needed to write something down and said "wait a second sis, I need to go and put my head lamp on so I can see." :) Somewhere along the way, he managed to find/talk to someone that coincidentally was heading up to Kennedy Meadows, exactly where he wanted to meet his car at the end of this leg. So now he doesn't have to worry about his car getting to where he hopes to end up; but now just needs to focus on getting to his car! Dad said that according to weather reports, they are about a week ahead of the heat which is perfect for the desert walk ahead this week.

Dad sounded good and said the hike was going really well. He hopes to reach Tehachapi by Saturday, the 28th. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment