Friday, April 23, 2010

BRRR!!! - NOT WHAT HE EXPECTED...

Heard from dad yesterday (Thurs. 4/22) around 3:49 pm - sounds like he's ran into some weather that he was not anticipating, which is too bad...
"After I arrived at the campsite was treated to supper courtesy of a trail angel.pitched  my tent and crawled in about 8 30.  This morning the plan was to get a ride up go mtn  laguna and hike back to the campsite.  I got up there and it was snowing hard. The wind  was blowing hard and it wax zero visibility . Needless to say I was not prepared for that  so came back to the campsite.  They are forecasting 18 inches of new snow by tomorrow  night (Fri 4/23) so¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ we will see what happens. At least I will be hiking with others in a  couple of days.  All is going well but did not anticipate this bad weather.  Will send  more later." Love you all. DAD
I will keep you posted as I hear more . . . hope he's taking pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment