Saturday, May 22, 2010

Taking a Break...

Talked to dad tonight. He has decided to take a day or two (or three...) to allow more time for his knee to heal. Hopefully that will do the trick. He tried his pack on and walked a bit and it was a no go. His cousin, Frank's (and Dee) son came and picked him up today from Agua Dulce and brought him back to their house, which is about an hour away. He is relaxing and enjoying his time there with them and his super special cocker spaniel, Lucy. They offered to keep Lucy for him while he was on his journey. He was so happy to see her again, but she had some "forgiving" to do before she'd get too close. After all, he left her!! It wasn't too long and they were cuddling together...fast asleep in the chair.

I will keep you posted on "the next step"...

3 comments:

  1. This is Awesome! The link to this blog was posted on BPL (Backpacking Light) and I had to check it out. I have dreamed of hiking the PCT for almost 40 years, but have never been able to take off the time required. Now I know once I retire there is still a chance. Hang in there and keep us updated:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry,

    I hope the time at your cousins and Lucy's TLC have encouraged you and rested the knee. Hope you were able to get a few extra calories too!!

    Kim has done a great job on the pictures and updates. I look forward to my weekly library visits to follow your progress.

    Thinking of you and Godspeed, Jill Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your blog and am enjoying it. I am inspired by your trek. My wife and I suddenly and unexpectedly became Trail Angels a few weeks ago when we met two PCT hikers at Coon Creek, just up the trail from Whitewater. We met up with Martin, (Mad Hatter) and Tomer again this week and they spent a few days with us. Dropped off Tomer in Wrightwood yesterday. Martin had to drop out due to personal reasons. Please keep your eyes open for Tomer and tell him Steve & Deborah send their best.
    Good luck to you,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete